Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Morris Family Menu - Week of September 28th

Monday - Cream Cheese Alfredo with Chicken, Garlic Toast, and Green Salad
Tuesday - Hamburger Steak with Brown Gravy, Sweet Potato Fries (stealing Jill's recipe!) , and Glazed Carrots
Wednesday- LOGOS Program at Church - We're table parents so we eat with the kiddos!
Thursday-  We will be in Austin for Carter's swim lessons, so we MUST eat out.  
Friday-  Steaks, Potato Bundles, & Green Salad
Saturday-  Slow Cooker Texas Beef Hash - I might modify this a bit...not sure how.  
Sunday-  Baked Ham, Corn Casserole ,   

A few reviews....

I had a Bunco party at my house this past Thursday and I made Pastor Ryan's Mexican Lasagna (from PW's website).  YUM!  I'll be making this again.   A friend of mine hosted the party and made some of the best fresh guacamole and homemade salsa, but my absolute favorite was something she called corn dip.  I could literally eat a huge bowl of it for breakfast.  She is going to send me the recipe, but because it was so darn delicious and I just can't wait, I tried to search for it myself.  It looked a lot like this Fresh Corn and Avocado Salsa
 
Let me just say that the The End of Chicken Parmesean as You Know it (2nd Chicken Parm recipe down) was absolutely delicious!  Super easy too!

The Easy Mexican Crock Pot was tasty, but visually appealing...no.  It looked like cat food.  I did add cream cheese, which was tasty, but it really looked disgusting.  If anyone gives this a try and has some ideas on how to make it look, um, better, please let me know. 

I can't wait to make this...
The first day that it doesn't get out of the 60's, I'm totally going to make the "Enlighten" Autumn Chicken Pot Pie, from the Noshery.  I'm gearing up, now if the weather will just cooperate.  

And as soon as I can wrangle up all of the ingredients, Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodles will be cooked up in this kitchen.  

1 comment:

  1. I love everything, sounds like a yummy week in the Morris kitchen.

    I have a corn dip that always get lots of raves:

    3 can of Mexicorn drained
    1 c mayo (the real stuff)
    1 c sour cream (again, the real stuff)
    2 cup shredded cheese
    small can of green chilies
    3 green onions, chopped
    dash of garlic salt

    Mix it all up and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours. Serve w/ tortilla chips!!! It's to die for!!!! (it makes quite a bit)

    ReplyDelete