Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Original Christmas Cookies

I have been making these sugar cookies for about 5 years. It is my standard go to recipe for shaped cookies. I often make the dough and freeze half for later use. It's easy and delicious. I think I got the recipe from a Southern Living Cookie book but I can't remember.

Ingredients:
1 c butter, siftened
1 1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
3 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
Frosting

Beat butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
Dived dough in half.
Roll 1 portion at a time to 1/8 -inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with desired cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Spread cookies with frosting, decorate with desired toppings

FROSTING:
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
3 T milk
1 t vanilla

WHISK together first 3 ingredients until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment