Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm back on the wagon - or off, I don't know

Back to menu planning!

M: PW's Perfect Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes (I've been using the Ore Ida Steam & Mash potatoes lately, since I go grocery shopping twice a week, the potatoes always seem to be sprouting when I decide to cook them) I doctor them up by adding in some salt, pepper, cream cheese and caramelized onions.
T: PW's Crispy Yogurt Chicken, Green Beans
W: From PW, again, Pasta a la Marlboro Man, Spinach Salad & Garlic Bread

So, I basically just opened up the PW cookbook on the way to the grocery store and made out my list for the next two weeks (Ryan was driving, don't worry).

Th: Out to dinner in the big city
F: Chicken Fried Steak. I might go with PW's recipe.
S: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - my recipe. I'll post as soon as I decide how I am going to make it this time.
Su: Chicken Noodle Soup - a hodgepodge of different recipes.
M: Leftovers
T: Tacos. I like having Taco Tuesday's, it's my ode to Rosa's Cafe.
W: Hamburger Pie (I found this recipe in this month's Weight Watcher's Magazine - looking for a link)
Th: Out to dinner in the big city
F: Chicken and Wild Rice Salad from "With Love, from Cynthia," owner of the Peach Tree Tea Room in Fredericksburg.
Sa: Chicken Spaghetti, from you guessed it, PW.
Su: PW Meatloaf with Creamy Mashed potatoes (I found this recipe in her cookbook, but can't find it online).

I also have plans to make PW's Mocha Brownies and a Lemon Poppyseed Cake I found in the Weight Watcher's Magazine over the next two weeks.

I just love the contrast between Weight Watcher's recipes and PW's. My goal is to even out the two over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment