Sunday, August 9, 2009

Aug. 9 Meal Plan for the Lee Household

Ok, here's my meal plan for the week. My sister is coming into town on Thursday, and then the kids and I are heading to San Antonio, so this is all I'm planning on cooking until I get back from San Antonio. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions or anything!


Sunday - Barbecued Turkey Joes
Monday - Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza (I've never made this before)
Tuesday - Open
Wednesday - Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken


Turkey Joes -- I didn't have enough ground turkey, so I'm using ground beef :) And I leave out the cayenne pepper, so it's not too spicy.

1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce
4 medium mixed-grain hamburger rolls


Brown turkey in a skillet, about 8-10 minutes. Drain off liquid. Add peppers and onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper; heat thoroughly, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Top bottom half of buns with turkey mixture; cover with top half of bun and serve.



Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza (From the Pampered Chef)
2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey
1 1/4 cups medium thick and chunky salsa
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1 cup sour cream
2 cups thinly sliced iceburg lettuce
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
Additional salsa (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 14 of the triangles in a circle on a lightly floured round baking stone with wide ends even with the edge of the baking stone and points toward the center. Place the remaining two triangles in the center, pinching seams to seal. Roll dough to create a smooth surface. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.

2. In a skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking turkey into crumbles. Drain if necessary.

3. Combine salsa, seasoning mix, and garlic in a medium bowl; mix well. Add to turkey in skillet; toss to coat. Spread sour cream over crust. Spoon turkey mixture over sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and olives. Serve immediately with additional salsa, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Val, I made your crock pot chicken! My family LOVED it! I served it over white rice. DELISH!!!

    ReplyDelete