Tuesday, August 4, 2009

EZ Double Chocolate Chip Pound Cake


Valerie, here is an easy yet impressive and yummy dessert. I just baked this on Sunday. It will only last a few days in my house. I LOVE cake recipes that begin w/ a box cake mix.....EASY! Let me know if you try it.


You need:

1 box yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 (5.90z) box instant choc pudding
1/2 c sugar
2/3 c water
1/2 c vegetable oil
4 large eggs
8 oz sour cream
1 12 oz bag on mini chocolate chips (I've used regular ones too, it's still yummy)
**powdered sugar to sprinkle on top, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream to put on each slice (since there isn't enough fat here already)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 to 15 cup fluted pan (I use my pampered chef stone fluted pan) w/ nonstick cooking spray w/ flour.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, mix, and sugar. Add water, oil and eggs. Beat on medium w/ an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for an hour. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Remove and from pan and garnish w/ powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

Stay tuned for some of my Mexican recipes that are favorites here in the Lucas/Garcia house.

1 comment:

  1. Ok! I'm making this tonight. So far the batter is delicious!

    ReplyDelete