Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week of August 16th - Morris Household

Well, last week was kind of a bust. I didn't get to go to the grocery store, so we either went out to dinner or I raided the pantry and freezer for last minute meal ideas. I did make a great King Ranch Chicken Casserole on the fly - I'll post my thrown together recipe complete with an iphone pic later.

Now for this week:
Monday: Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken Salad with Buttermilk Parmesan Dressing by Emeril Lagasse. I'm going to simplify this a bit - I'll comment on what modifications I make.
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday - Shoebox Tacos
Wednesday: Hamburger Steaks with Brown Gravy (Cooks.com), Mashed Potatoes (recipe below), and Green Beans
Thursday: The End of Chicken Parmesean as You Know it (2nd Chicken Parm recipe down) - looks so easy I'm kind of scared. I found this recipe on YouTube and am going to give it a try. Green Salad, and Cheesy Garlic Bread
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Easy Mexican Crock Pot I found a few variations of this recipe...I'll probably add in some cream cheese because I love cream cheese!
Sunday: Out to Eat

Baking: Ok, well this isn't really baking. But I've been thinking about these for months now and I'm going to make some this week. Chex Muddy Buddies

My Favorite Mashed Potatoes:
6-10 red or gold potatoes, peel or not, whichever you prefer
4 oz cream cheese - set out to bring as close to room temp as you can
1 medium onion chopped
4 tbs brown sugar
2-3 tbs butter
1/2 cup of milk
salt and pepper to taste

Boil potatoes until tender. While potatoes are boiling, saute onions in a separate pot in 2 -4 tbs butter and 4 tbs brown sugar until very tender - I cook the heck out of them. Once potatoes are tender, drain and then add in the cream cheese, milk and onions. Mash together and add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment