Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week of August 2nd Menu for the Lucas Household

I always start my week menu planning on Sunday. I usually grocery shop on Sunday so my week begins then. I try to usually make kid friendly meals but sometimes I substitute . It's just worth it to have a happy meal time.

Sunday-- Chicken Chalupas w/ my Mexican rice (cheese quesadillas for the kids w/ rice)
I make a whole pot of beans and freeze what I don't use.....to be used for something next week or week after. Beans freeze beautifully.

Monday-- PW Chicken Spaghetti w/ rolls

Tuesday-- leftover chicken spaghetti

Wednesday-- barbecue pork sandwiches w/ cabbage slaw (french fries for the kiddos in place of slaw)

Thursday-- evening birthday party at Chuck E Cheese......pizza all the way around

Friday-- garlic chili shrimp skewers w/ peanut noodles and broccoli (kids eat fish sticks w/ noodles and broccoli)

Sunday, I made the EZ Double Chocolate Chip pound cake for dessert, not sure which one I'm making for Friday yet.

I can post any of the recipes, just comment if you'd like one.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to try Chocolate Chip Pound Cake!! It looks delicious. I have never thought of freezing beans. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill, what do you use on the Chicken chalupas? Anything special? Also, the mexican rice...

    ReplyDelete